In this section
The Rheumatology Service at Children’s provides state-of-the-art comprehensive care to our patients. Established in 1979, the clinic has 3500-4000 patient visits per year.
Coordinated care, personalized treatment
As the most experienced pediatric rheumatology team in Wisconsin, our board certified pediatric rheumatologists are trained specifically to provide care for children with a wide range of rheumatic diseases. Our Pediatric multi-disciplinary team includes:
- Rheumatology fellows
- Nurse practitioner
- Social workers
- Physical and occupational therapists
Our approach engages the whole family. We emphasize shared decision-making to ensure everyone gets the education, support and peace of mind they need. The Pediatric rheumatology team is involved in a variety of initiatives including:
- Rainbow Camp, a single day camp for children with arthritis 5-18 and their siblings
- The Arthritis Foundation of Wisconsin’s annual family education day
- Family support group in collaboration with the Arthritis Foundation
- The Lupus Foundation of Wisconsin’s annual educational events
- Arthritis Foundation: Kids Get Arthritis Too
- We network with your child’s school to ensure that he or she is successful in the academic environment. In addition school visits may be arranged for newly established school-age patients as needed.
- Working with established college-age patients to manage their health care needs related to their rheumatic disease while at college
We provide pediatric electives for medical students, residents, fellows, and advanced practice nurses.
- Treatments & tests