In this section
Child Development Center
The Child Development Center at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is dedicated to the care of children, infancy through adolescence, with developmental disabilities.
We provide services directly or in collaboration with other pediatric specialists to provide high-quality, family-centered patient care, education, prevention, research and advocacy.
We diagnose and treat the following conditions:
- Developmental delays
- Intellectual disabilities
- Language and communication disorders
- Learning disabilities, including dyslexia, attention problems and school problems
- Psychological impact of chronic illness
Services we offer
We provide the following outpatient services:
- Infant and toddler developmental assessment
- Multidisciplinary evaluation team program
- School performance program
- International adoption
- Medication program
- Comprehensive ADHD program
- Referrals to other specialists as needed
Our intake process
The Child Development Center uses an intake process to find out about your child’s background and the concerns you would like to address. This information helps us to best meet your needs. The intake form is two pages and takes about five minutes to complete. Find out more about how our intake process works.
Learn about language disorders
Watch a preview and order a free copy of our new video about language disorders!