In this section
A collaborative approach to child maltreatment
Kenosha Child Advocacy Center
The Kenosha Child Advocacy Center brings together a specially trained team of professionals to investigate cases of child maltreatment. The CAC is a child-focused location that provides comprehensive services in the form of specialized medical exams, forensic interviews, advocacy services and health screenings for children in out of home placements. Through extensive services, the CAC enables children and their families to heal from abuse and advocates for safe and secure living environments.
Family assistance resources
- Child Advocacy Center Handbook (English, Spanish and Hmong)
- Child Advocacy Center Brochure (English, Spanish and Hmong)
- Wisconsin Crime Victim Compensation Program
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Wisconsin Department of Justice SAFE Fund
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
National Children's Alliance
NCA is the national association and accrediting body for Children’s Advocacy Centers.
Child Advocacy Centers of Wisconsin
Child Advocacy Centers of Wisconsin works to support and promote the development of child advocacy centers in Wisconsin and their efforts to provide child-friendly locations to facilitate multidisciplinary team assessments with reported child victims.