Surgeons at Children's treat the entire spectrum of problems in children of all ages, sizes and maturity levels – from the tiniest premature infants to adult-sized teenagers.
The general and thoracic surgery program at Children’s provides the kind of care you’d expect from the best hospitals in the country. Our surgeons partner with your child’s physicians to offer the best possible care.
There are many reasons people trust their children to the surgical team at Children’s.
- We specialize in caring for kids. It’s all we do, and every person on staff is passionate about making lives better for children and their families.
- We’re experienced. We have one of the largest pediatric surgical practices in the United States. The neonatal surgical program at Children's is among the biggest in the U.S, and we treat a large volume of infants with congenital anomalies (birth defects).
- We’re well equipped to care for children. We have a Level 1 Trauma Center, which is the highest level available for surgical trauma care. And specially trained pediatric anesthesiologists are present for every surgical procedure. We understand that surgery can be stressful for children and their family, so we have the experience and the specialists available to help everyone cope.
- We’re nationally recognized. We have achieved national recognition in surgery outcomes and training pediatric surgeons.
- Quality care is our goal. We strive to always provide quality care and excellent outcomes . To help keep us on track, we participate in NSQIP-peds, which allows us to benchmark our outcomes with other pediatric hospitals. It also provides evidence-based protocols for common surgical procedures.
Our team is dedicated to your child’s care
When you bring your child to Children's, you can count on our surgeons to work with your child’s entire health care team. That team includes:
- You and your family
- Your child’s primary care physician
- Pediatric anesthesiologists
- Many pediatric specialists in
- Critical care
Surgeons at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin treat the tiniest premature infants to adult-sized teenagers. Whether your child has a birth defect, injury, or cancer, we can help. Every provider has received special training on caring for pediatric patients.
Surgery long-term follow-up
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin offers long-term follow-up care for children after surgery to repair birth defects and difficult-to-treat conditions.
We understand that you want the best, most advanced care for your child. And when your child has surgery at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, you can expect just that.
We care for your child from the first surgical consultation for as long as your child needs follow-up care.
Learn more about the surgery process and our special surgery teams.
Pediatric anesthesiologists are involved in every pediatric surgery at Children's and the Surgicenter of Greater Milwaukee. We have the largest group of pediatric fellowship trained anesthesiologists in Wisconsin, many with advanced expertise in:
- Pediatric critical care
- Cardiac anesthesia
- Ambulatory (outpatient) surgery
- Trauma and transplant anesthesia
Learn more about pediatric anesthesiology.