What we provide
Add life to the child’s years, not simply years to the child’s life.
- Palliative Care experts will partner with each family and their care team to improve the quality of life for each child.
- Palliative Care experts will help with the coordination of each child’s care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the hospital, the clinic or at home.
- Palliative Care staff will help families connect with community resources, such as a home nursing agency or medical equipment supplier.
- The Palliative Care team can assist families with complex decision-making about their child’s care.
- Palliative Care offers expertise in the management of pain and other symptoms associated with a disease process and/or treatments.
- Palliative Care experts facilitate communication between families and their child’s care team.
- Our palliative Care experts approach every child and family with empathy and respect, using creativity to enhance the quality of the child’s life.
- Care for the entire family by listening, supporting and recognizing that each family along with their beliefs is unique.
- Engage other experts to enhance each child’s journey, such as: child life, psychology, social work, spiritual care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and nutrition.
- Our Palliative Care staff offers compassionate support and coping resources when end of life care is needed.