For medical professionals
Referrals at Children's
The Children's heart transplant program provides referrals and consultation by phone.
- For consults, referrals and transport, call our Physician Call Center at (414) 266-2460 or toll free at (800) 266-0366.
- For outpatient specialty appointments, call Central Scheduling at (414) 607-5280 or toll-free (877) 607-5280
Heart Transplant Fellowships at Children’s
At Children's, we have an active pediatric cardiology fellowship program which includes training in heart failure and heart transplant for our clinical fellows. We do not offer specialized training in heart transplantation at this time.
Continuing Medical Education at Children’s
CME in pediatric heart transplant is a priority at Children's. We host Best Practices in Pediatrics CME conferences, offer on-demand archived webcasts of Practical Pediatrics Grand Rounds. Grand Rounds events and Grand Rounds videos. We also participate in additional conferences and training programs as well as publish our online newsletter, Pediatric Rounds.
Research and quality at Children’s
Children's is involved in multiple research studies and clinical trials related to pediatric heart transplantation. In addition, our Quality Improvement initiatives include monthly clinical transplant meetings, an enhanced patient selection system, identification of determinates of survival based on identified risk factors, an updated immunization plan and improved evaluation of post-transplant quality of life.
- MRI validated echocardiographic technique to measure total cardiac volume: a tool for donor-recipient size matching in pediatric heart transplantation. (Camarda J, Saudek D, Tweddell J, Mitchell M, Woods R, Otto M, Simpson P, Stendahl G, Berger S, Zangwill S) Pediatr Transplant 2013 May;17(3):300-6
- Outcomes of cardiac transplantation in single-ventricle patients with plastic bronchitis: a multicenter study. (Gossett JG, Almond CS, Kirk R, Zangwill S, Richmond ME, Kantor PF, Tresler MA, Lenderman SM, Naftel DC, Matthews KL, Pahl E) J Am Coll Cardiol 2013 Mar 5;61(9):985-6
- Dual-axis rotational coronary angiography: a new technique for detecting graft coronary vasculopathy in pediatric heart transplant recipients. (Gudausky TM, Pelech AN, Stendahl G, Tillman K, Mattice J, Berger S, Zangwill S) Pediatr Cardiol 2013 Mar;34(3):560-5
- Organizational structure and processes in pediatric heart transplantation: a survey of practices. (Stendahl G, Bobay K, Berger S, Zangwill S) Pediatr Transplant 2012 May;16(3):257-64
- Comparison of risk factors and outcomes for pediatric patients listed for heart transplantation after bidirectional Glenn and after Fontan: an analysis from the Pediatric Heart Transplant Study. (Kovach JR, Naftel DC, Pearce FB, Tresler MA, Edens RE, Shuhaiber JH, Blume ED, Fynn-Thompson F, Kirklin JK, Zangwill SD) J Heart Lung Transplant 2012 Feb;31(2):133-9