ENT patient and family experience
Why we measure it - It's important that we understand how we are doing, so we ask our patients and families to tell us about their care experiences. Our goal is for everyone to have the best clinic experience possible. We ask patients and families to rate our clinic on a scale from 0 to 10 where 0 is the worst clinic and 10 is the best clinic. We only use the responses 9 and 10 to track our progress. We know that patients and families who rate our clinic at a 9 or 10 will most likely refer others to us.
What this means - This graph shows the percent of patients and families who had a visit to our ENT clinic and gave a 9 or 10 rating in response to the survey question, "Using a number from 0 to 10, where 0 is the worst clinic possible and 10 is the best clinic possible, what number would you use to rate this clinic during your child's stay?"
About the data - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee uses a third-party vendor to survey our patient and family satisfaction levels. We then use the feedback from these surveys to make improvements within our clinics to further enhance our patient's and families' overall clinic experience.
Related dimensions of care:
- To improve our clinic flow and patients' experience, we asked parents to help redesign our waiting and teaching rooms in the ENT Clinic.
- We also currently working to improve our teaching materials and patient satisfaction scores, as well as reduce our wait times.
- We expanded our hours and now offer appointments in the evening.
- Our entire staff has been trained in good customer service and meet as a team to identify ways they could improve patient satisfaction.
- Our Family Advisory Committee is made up of parents, partner providers and hospital staff who work together to improve our communication methods, quality of care and hospital services. We encourage an open dialogue and value feedback and opinions which are used to make impactful changes that benefit our patients.
- Our specialists also see patients at our Greenway Clinic, New Berlin Clinic and new Fox Point Clinic to give patients and families more convenient care options.
We provide a nurse call line so parents can reach a nurse or doctor quickly with any questions or concerns. Parents can call (414) 266-7514 during clinic hours (9 am - 5 pm weekdays) and a nurse will call back within two hours. After hours or on weekends and holidays, parents can call (414) 805-3666 and ask for the ENT doctor on call.