Overall visit volume
Quality and Outcomes Reports - Birthmarks and Vascular Anomalies
Why we measure it - Research shows that physicians and hospitals that treat a large number of patients tend to provide better care and have improved outcomes for treatments and procedures.
What this means - There has been an increase in visits to the Birthmarks and Vascular Anomalies Center in the past four years.
About the data - This graph reflects the number of visits captured in our registration system in years 2009-2012.
Related dimensions of care:
- The Birthmarks and Vascular Anomalies team consists of pediatric specialists in Dermatology, Oncology, Radiology, Pathology, Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery and Ophthalmology. All are board certified in their specialty.
- Our nurses help families navigate the hospital system by coordinating appointments, setting up tests and procedures and assisting with family accommodations.
- Patients see all the necessary specialists at one visit, and health care team members meet to discuss all treatment options and provide a unified opinion and treatment plan.
- We perform many outpatient procedures at our Surgicenter location near the Milwaukee hospital, approximately 10 minutes from Children's Hospital. Here, patients may be scheduled sooner and enjoy the convenience of a smaller facility, while being cared for by the same pediatric dermatologists and pediatric anesthesiologists they would see at the hospital.
- We redesigned and expanded our Dermatology Clinic in improve our workflow and our patients' overall experience.
- We also improved our scheduling system which ensures that each patient is seen by the right specialist.
- We offer multiple specialty clinics. Children may be seen in the general Dermatology Clinic, Birthmarks and Vascular Anomalies Center, Hemangioma of Infancy Clinic, Atopic Dermatitis Clinic, Dermatology-Oncology Clinic, Surgery Clinic or Laser Clinic.
Families traveling from long distances are encouraged to use our Family Accommodations Program to make travel arrangements and schedule appointments. Children's Hospital has partnered with non-profit organizations like Ronald McDonald House to offer comfortable, "home away from home" accommodations. Local hotel chains on our referral list also offer discounts for families.