Walworth County Child Advocacy Center
W4063 Hwy. NN
Elkhorn, WI 53121
Abuse can be scary for kids, parents and other family members. Children who may have been harmed come to a child advocacy center to talk about the abuse and get medical care. It is a safe place for children to receive help.
Brooke C. Luebke MS, LMFT, CCTP, CSOTP, is our therapist. Brooke is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Clinical Trauma Professional and Certified Sex Offender Treatment Provider. Brooke has worked for over 10 years in the outpatient mental health field. She has experience working with adults, couples, adolescents and children. Brooke works with a wide range of mental health issues including depression, bipolar, RAD, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, anger management, self esteem and much more. She also has experience working with physical, sexual and emotional abuse in families, gender identity issues, military families and transitions, foster care placements, individual with learning disabilities and cognitive delays, and individuals and families struggling with life transitions.
Walworth County Child Advocacy Center staff do case reviews, and provide expert court testimony and professional consultations. In addition, staff also provide the following services:
- Child abuse assessments: The assessment process includes a complete medical examination and an interview with a social worker specially trained to work with traumatized kids. All work is carefully documented on videotape or DVD to meet judicial standards.
- Referrals: Following an assessment, suspected victims of abuse will be referred to psychological counselors, family counselors, medical care and psychiatric and developmental rehabilitation specialists in their home communities who can aid in the recovery process.
- Case tracking and data collection: Staff track outcomes on all cases for evaluation and services. Information tracked includes types of maltreatment, relationship of the alleged offender to the child, child protection outcomes and exposure to domestic violence.
- Professional and community education: Center staff provides ongoing training to law enforcement officers, social workers, physicians, nurses and other professionals in the Chippewa Valley. They also share research about investigative techniques.
Download our Child Advocacy Center brochure (PDF)
Download our Handbook for Parents (PDF)
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Community Services therapists have extensive experience working with children, parents and families, including those involved in the child well-being system.
Children's Hospital collaborates with the following community partners:
- Association for the Prevention of Family Violence
- Aurora Lakeland Medical Center
- Bloomfield Police Department
- Darien Police Department
- City of Delavan Police Department
- Town of Delavan Police Department
- Town of East Troy Police Department
- Village of East Troy Police Department
- Elkhorn Police Department
- Fontana Police Department
- Geneva Police Department
- Genoa City Police Department
- Lake Geneva Police Department
- Linn Police Department
- Mercy Health System
- Mukwonago Police Department
- Sharon Police Department
- Village of Walworth Police Department
- Walworth County Alliance for Children
- Walworth County Corporation Counsel
- Walworth County Department of Health & Human Services
- Walworth County District Attorney's Office
- Walworth County Sheriff's Department
- Walworth County school districts
- Williams Bay Police Department
- Wisconsin Department of Probation and Parole