Rhinelander Community Services
At our Rhinelander Community Services location, we offer:
- Family Resource Connection
- Home Visiting
The Family Resource Connection was established in 1997 by a group of community members seeking a way to provide comprehensive, community-based services for families in Northern Wisconsin.
The principles of family support that guided the development of the Family Resource Connection continue to drive service delivery:
- Staff and families work together in relationships based on equality and respect.
- Staff enhance families' ability to support the growth and development of all family members - adults, youth and children.
- Families are resources to their own members, to other families, to programs and to communities.
- Programs affirm and strengthen families' cultural, racial and linguistic identities and enhance their ability to function in a multicultural society.
- Programs exist in their communities and contribute to the community-building process.
- Programs advocate with families for services and systems that are fair, responsive and accountable to the families served.
- Staff work with families to mobilize formal and informal resources to support family development.
- Programs are flexible and continually responsive to emerging family and community issues.
- Principles of family support are modeled in all program activities, including planning, governance and administration.
The Family Resource Connection exists to promote positive parent/child attachment, increase social connections and enhance the health and safety of children and families.