Ulrich Broeckel, MD
Associate director, Children's Research Institute; professor, Medicine (Cardiology), adjunct professor, Physiology and Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Coronary artery disease, left ventricular hypertrophy, identification of genes underlying polygenic cardiovascular disease, renal failure.
Medical degree, University of Heidelberg, Germany, 1994; Cardiology and Nephrology internship and residency, University of Regensburg, Germany, 1996; postdoctoral fellow, Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 2000.
Young Investigator Award, 24th Scientific Session, German Society of High Blood Pressure Research, Heidelberg, Germany, 2000.
- Sung YJ, Gu CC, Tiwari HK, Arnett DK, Broeckel U, Rao DC. Genotype Imputation for African Americans Using Data from HapMap Phase II Versus 1000 Genomes Projects. Genet Epidemiol. 2012 Jul; 36(5):508-16. Doi: 10.1002/gepi. 21647. Epub 2012 May 29. PMID: 22644746. (PubMed in process).
- Reis LM, Tyler RC, Volkmann Koss BA, Schilter KF, Levin AV, Lowry RB, Zwijnenburg PJ, Stroh E, Broeckel U, Murray JC, Semina EV. PITX2 and FOXC1 Spectrum of Mutations in Ocular Syndromes. Eur J Hum Genet. 2012 May 9; doi: 10.1038/ejhg.2012.80. (Epub ahead of print). PMID:22569110. (PubMed as supplied by publisher).
- Kraja AT, Lawson HA, Arnett DK, Borecki IB, Broeckel U, de Las Fuentes L, Hunt SC, Province MA, Cheverud J, Rao DC. Obesity-insulin Targeted Genes in the 3p26-25 Region in Human Studies and LG/J and SM/J Mice. Metabolism. 2012 Mar. 2. (Epub ahead of print.) PMID:22386932. (PubMed as supplied by publisher.)
- Tomita-Mitchell A, Mahnke DK, Struble CA, Tuffnell ME, Stamm KD, Hidestrand M, Harris SE, Goetsch MA, Simpson PM, Bick DP, Broeckel U, Pelech AN, Tweddell JS, Mitchell ME. Human Gene Copy Number Spectra Analysis in Congenital Heart Malformations. Physiol Genomics. 2012 May 1; 44(9):518-41. Epub 2012 Feb. 7. PMID:22318994. (PubMed in process.)
- Maloney JP, Stearman RS, Bull TM, Calabrese DW, Tripp-Addison ML, Wick MJ, Broeckel U, Robbins IM, Wheeler LA, Cogan JD, Loyd JE. Loss-of-Function Thrombospondin-1 Mutations in Familial Pulmonary Hypertension. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012 Mar; 302(6):L541-54. Epub 2011 Dec. 23. MID:22198906. (PubMed in process). PMCID:3311532.
Books, Chapters & Reviews: (1 of 9)
- Maresso K, Harrison M, Frayling I, Broeckel U. Molecular Diagnosis in Cardiovascular Genetics. Principles and Practice of Clinical Cardiovascular Genetics. 2010; 73-l02. Oxford University Press. (Edited by D Kumar and P Elliott).
- National Institutes of Health, U01, Functional GWAS for LVH using iPS-derived Cardiomyocytes, principal investigator, 2011-2016.
- National Institutes of Health, R01, Genome-wide Association for CAD and Associated Risk Factors, principal investigator, 2008-2013.
- National Institutes of Health, R01, Genetics of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (HyperGen), principal investigator, MCW subcontract (PI D. Arnett), 2006-2012.
- Wisconsin Genomics Initiative, Wisconsin Genomics Initiative Core, co-investigator, 2010-2011.
- National Children's Study, NIH subcontract UW-Madison, Analyzing Environmental Exposures and Candidate Genes in Congential Vertebral Malformations - NCS, co-investigator 2011-2012.
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
TBRC/CRI 2nd Floor
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 955-2369
Fax: (414) 955-6538
Investigator in areas of: