Overview of Infectious Disease Program
The Infectious Disease Program at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin provides education, diagnosis and treatment to patients and families regarding infectious diseases, including the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Infectious disease physicians and many hospital staff are credited with helping save the only person infected with rabies who did not receive the rabies vaccine.
We diagnose and treat the following:
- Chronic infections (fungal, viral, bacterial, tuberculosis).
- Fevers of unknown origin.
- Infections associated with immune deficiencies.
- Infectious diseases of any type including acute, chronic and recurrent.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
The program provides the largest group of certified pediatric infectious disease practitioners in Wisconsin.