Overview of Diabetes Clinic
Our program was named among the nation's best in U.S. News & World Report's 2013-14 Best Children's Hospitals report.
- Office visits with a physician or nurse practitioners
- Diabetes management education for newly diagnosed patients
- Basic diabetes and self-management education
- One-on-one visits with a clinical nurse specialist or registered dietitian
- Ongoing medical follow-up until age 18
- 24-hour phone availability
- Teaching materials
- School support program
- Outpatient insulin pump program
- One-on-one visits with a social worker, and individual or group counseling with a psychologist
- Inpatient care and education
Our staff is committed to ongoing research to improve the care of children with diabetes. The Max McGee National Research Center for Juvenile Diabetes was created in November 1998 to help find a cure for diabetes. Former Green Bay Packer Max McGee and his wife, Denise, pledged $1 million to launch funding efforts for the research center. Make a donation.
School plans for 2013 school year
Slam Dunk for Diabetes - Basketball camp for children with diabetes, ages 5 to 18 years. Register now.
World Diabetes Day - Nov. 14, 2013
Tom Brobson, JDRF national director, Research Investment Opportunities, will share JDRF research updates on World Diabetes Day.
American Diabetes Association
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation