Prevent Child Abuse Wisconsin
Prevent Child Abuse Wisconsin is a program of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
The program works closely with the Child Abuse Prevention Fund to unify child abuse prevention efforts in Wisconsin. The mission of Prevent Child Abuse Wisconsin is to:
- Build community resources
- Provide training and public awareness
- Carry out advocacy activities in order to strengthen child abuse prevention efforts in Wisconsin. Its work focuses on primary prevention with the goal of stopping child abuse and neglect before it occurs
Prevent Child Abuse Wisconsin is a chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America
Prevent Child Abuse America leads the way in building awareness, providing education and inspiring hope to everyone involved in the effort to prevent the abuse and neglect of our nation's children.
Save the date - 2015 Together for Children conference!
Visit these pages for more information:
April 15-16, 2015 at Grand Geneva Resort, Lake Geneva, Wis. Preconference workshops are held April 14.
*Registration is now open! To register, see below.*
|Dates: Pre-conference April 14, 2015 / Conference April 15-16, 2015
|Location: Grand Geneva Resort and Spa, 7036 Grand Geneva Way, Lake Geneva, Wis.
|Purpose: To improve prevention, treatment, investigation and prosecution of child abuse and neglect by providing knowledge and skills to address emerging issues, research questions and public policy changes in child welfare and child protection.
|Target audience: Child abuse prevention, Child Protective Services, Judicial/Prosecutors, Law Enforcement, School Staff, Social Workers, Therapists and Psychologists, Child Advocacy Centers, Medical and Health, Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Centers
|Program supporters: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Children's Hospital of Wis. Child Abuse Prevention Fund, Greg and Mary Ann Renz, Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, Wisconsin Department of Justice, Children's Justice Act Program, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, CACs of Wisconsin
Detailed workshop information
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 (Preconference)
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. Registration and light continental breakfast
- 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Preconference sessions (breaks and lunch included)
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 (Day 1 of Conference)
- 7:30-8:45 a.m. Registration and light continental breakfast
- 8:45-9:00 a.m. Welcome and opening comments
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. Keynote presentation
- 10:00-10:15 a.m. Break
- 10:15-11:45 a.m. Breakout sessions
- 11:45am-12:45 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45pm-2:15 p.m. Breakout sessions
- 2:15-2:30 p.m. Break
- 2:30-4:00 p.m. Breakout sessions (Note: Racial Disparities session ends at 5:00 p.m.)
- 5:00-6:00 p.m. Networking reception
Thursday, April 16, 2015 (Day 2 of Conference)
- 8:00-8:30 a.m. Registration and light continental breakfast
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. Keynote presentation
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. Break and checkout of rooms
- 10:00-11:30 a.m. Breakout sessions
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Lunch
- 12:30-2:00 p.m. Breakout sessions
- 2:00-2:15 p.m. Break
- 2:15-3:45 p.m. Breakout sessions
|Attending 1 day of the event
|Attending 2 days of the event
|Attending 3 days of the event
- Student discount: registration fee reduced $25 one day of conference, $50 two or three days of conference
- To receive student discount, must be full time student (semester schedule required)
- Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) discount: If you are attending as part of a MDT, a minimum of three attendees representing different disciplines is required. Please contact Jane Yeager (email@example.com or 920-969-7925) for more information.
Register for the 28th Annual Together for Children Conference now!
Nursing, Social Work, Medical and Legal hours and CME information will be available shortly, please check back.
- ADA Statement: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin fully intends to comply with legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any participant is in need of accommodation, contact Jane Yeager at (920) 969-7925.
- Session handouts: Will only be available to conference participants on a password-protected website. Prior to the conference participants will receive information to access the site. Please print your handouts prior to the conference. All Grand Geneva meeting spaces are wireless.
- Children: As a courtesy to our presenters and attendees, please do not bring children to conference workshops or keynote addresses.
- Lodging: A block of rooms is being held at the reduced rate of $70 per night, single occupancy, $110 double, until March 22, 2015 at the Grand Geneva Resort, Lake Geneva, Wis. To receive the reduced rate, be sure to mention the Together for Children Conference when booking. Tax exempt organizations must provide the tax exempt identification number.
- Scholarships: A limited number of scholarships are available. Application deadline is February 9, 2015.
*If using a GPS navigation system, MapQuest, or other online direction source, please use the following address: 7020 Grand Geneva Way*