In this section
Therapeutic massage is a research-based integrative healthcare which is increasingly utilized in pediatric hospitals for children with special and medically complex health care needs. The physical, psychological, and emotional benefits of touch for pediatric and adult patients are well documented in published research studies and the evidence that massage provides global benefits to one’s health far outweighs any evidence of negative effects.
Reasons to Consult Massage Therapist
- Improve mood and sleep patterns
- Improve muscle tone, joint mobility, and range of motion
- Improve respiratory and GI function
- Decrease muscular tension/pain
- Decrease stress and anxiety
- Assists in injury, accident, surgery recovery
- Improve parent-infant interaction/bonding
Ages: Birth to adult
Days Offered: Mondays and Thursdays
Units Covered: All inpatient care units and MACC Day Hospital
Ronnie Jean Artero Frederick, LMT, CPMT, S4OM
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for becoming a massage therapist can be found here:
Access appointment information and medical records, manage prescriptions and message your child's doctor. Learn more about MyChart.
Discover CHW is a free app that helps you find your way around Children's Hospital of Wisconsin's Milwaukee campus and provides you with valuable information for your stay. Find out more!