In this section
Expressive Therapy program
The Expressive Therapies team supports the cognitive, emotional, physical, mental health and social well-being of patients and families. Expressive therapies is the umbrella term for the team comprised of the art therapists, music therapist, dance/movement therapist, recreational therapist, and massage therapist.
Benefits of expressive therapies for patients and families
- Enhance mood
- Promote body awareness
- Support for during grief/end of life
- Non-pharmacological pain management
- Therapeutic conversation
Support Expressive Therapies
You can support our expressive therapies program by making an online donation. Select Other in the gift designation field and type in Expressive Therapies.
To find out more information about each of the Expressive Therapy discipline (education requirements, related fieldwork, student resources, and requirements for Certification), please visit the corresponding discipline’s website:
Chat with an Expressive Therapist
Interested in a career in Expressive Therapies, but not sure where to start? Check out these available resources.
1. If you are interested in gaining more experience working with children and families in a pediatric healthcare setting, please visit our Volunteer Services website for requirements and application information.
2. Due to patient confidentiality and infection control, we do not offer a Job Shadow experience with the Expressive Therapies program. We offer a “Chat with an Expressive Therapist” to high school seniors and college students who are actively working towards a career in one of the expressive therapy disciplines.
- If you are a high school senior or college level student actively pursuing a career in Expressive Therapies, please complete the interest form for “Chat with an Expressive Therapist”
- If you have additional questions regarding the interest form or about the “Chat With an Expressive Therapist” session, please email email@example.com.
Undergraduate Expressive Arts practicum
We appreciate your patience as we enhance the undergraduate expressive arts practicum experience.
Please check back in the future for available opportunities.
Please contact ExpressiveTherapies@chw.org with any questions. Thank you!
Graduate Art Therapy internship
We will post the application for future internship opportunities in Spring 2019. Please check back for updates.
Please email ExpressiveTherapies@chw.org with any questions or for more information. Thank you!