Caring for a Child with Type 1 Diabetes
This program is designed for anyone that may care for a child with diabetes: babysitters, grandparents, aunts, uncles, daycare or preschool providers.
- Know the difference of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- Identify how and when to test blood sugars.
- Identify the symptoms/treatment of high blood sugars.
- Identify the symptoms/treatment of low blood sugars.
- Demonstrate carbohydrate counting.
- Calculate an insulin dose.
- Demonstrate giving an insulin injection.
Class participants will receive a certificate of completion.
Course Fee: $10 per person, payment due at time of registration. No refunds. Online registration only at www.maxishare.com.