In this section
Pediatric Translational Research Unit
The Pediatric TRU is located on the 4th floor of the center tower of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Milwaukee campus. You can access the TRU via the S elevators by taking them to the 4th floor and following the signs to the TRU.
The Pediatric TRU provides nursing care for research subjects and their families. Care, from infancy through adulthood, is individualized to meet a variety of research needs.
- Research Coordination Support - EPIC Credentialed Research Trainer, IRBnet navigation assistance, budget consultation, and FDA regulation assistance
- Nursing support - coordination and study support
- IV starts, Investigation Drug Administration, and Phlebotomy - Ability to draw clinical labs at the time of the research draw.
- 12 Lead ECG support (not reading/interpreting)
- Simple lab spinning, storing, and shipping of specimens.
- TRU Lab: refrigerated and standard centrifuge machines; Baker Hood for maximum safety when processing specimens and sterile alliquoting; GSPMC DNA sample pick up site; all staff are IATA/DOT trained.
- Bod Pod and Pea Pod for infant/neonatal body composition measurement
- All RNs are PALS certified nurses
Dr. James Verbsky
Beth Gissibl BSN, RN, CCRN
Jeff Crawford CRC
The Pediatric TRU is open Monday and Wednesday 0730-1630, Tuesday and Thursday 0730-1800 and Friday 0730-1600. Additional requests for services outside these times can be discussed with Beth Gissibl Pediatric TRU Manager.
Study Start Up:
Whenever you wish to initiate a study using the TRU or are considering using the TRU, please contact: Beth Gissibl and/or Jeff Crawford to set up a meeting for initial conversations.
Children's Research Institute
Find our mailing address and driving directions.
What's new at Children's Research Institute? Find out by reading our news.