In this section
Welcome to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Our goal is to provide high quality educational experiences for students in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Embedded in the mission of the Children's is a strong commitment to the education of our future work forces, your students.
The Advanced Practice Nursing/Nursing Student Education oversees and coordinates work with all schools of nursing. More than 560 nursing students from 29 affiliated schools of nursing from local, state and national universities, colleges and technical programs completed educational experiences at Children's Hospital in 2018. CHW provided 69,526 hours of nursing clinical education. There are various types of student placements including undergraduate and graduate experiences.
|Nursing students||Clinical educators||Preceptors||Placement coordinators|
The Schools of Nursing has a NEW means of communication. A hotline was created to assist with providing information regarding nursing students' Epic classes (time, location & reminders) and how to contact members within the Schools of Nursing. The number to call is 1-414-337-CALL (2255). If you have any additional suggestions to add to this hotline, please contact Tracy Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New clinical educators to Children's
Make sure you complete the following paperwork and return it to the School Liaison APN.Children's Hospital clinical educator guidelines and expectation form
- Orientation must be on the designated unit for a for a minimum eight hour precepted shift
- Identified unit based competencies must be completed during orientation
- If additional time is required, arrangements will be made with the School liaison APN and Unit APN or unit manager
- Will meet with School Liaison APN to discuss Clinical educator role
- Ongoing communication with School Liaison APN throughout clinical to discuss the semester
Children's Hospital Site survey
We are going green! We would like all schools of nursing to complete an online survey evaluating how we are doing. Please have all nursing students complete this before they finish their clinicals at Children's.