In this section
Delafield Connect with Children's CME registration
5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
There is no fee to attend this event and dinner will be provided.
Registration is required.
5:30 - 6:15 p.m.
Registration and networking
6:15 - 6:30 p.m.
6:30 - 7 p.m.
Management of epistaxis
by Cecille G. Sulman, MD
- Increase knowledge about causes of epistaxis.
- Provide pre-referral management options.
- Provide recommendations for obtaining laboratory testing.
7 - 7:25 p.m.
Preventative cardiology in the pediatric and adolescent patient: Hyperlipidemia, hypertension and more
by Salil Ginde, MD
- Current hyperlipidemia recommendations and treatment guidelines for the pediatric and adolescent patient will be discussed.
- Current hypertension treatment guidelines for the pediatric and adolescent patient will be discussed.
7:25 - 7:50 p.m.
Sport related concussion in youth
by Kevin D. Walter, MD
- Know signs and symptoms of concussion.
- Understand return to play concepts.
- Understand when to order neuroimaging.
- Understand what patients are higher risk for prolonged recovery.
7:50 - 8 p.m.
CME evaluation and wrap-up
These lectures will provide the latest information about common problems encountered in pediatric practice and will benefit all health care providers who work with children, including pediatricians, family practice physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA designation of credit
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of participation for allied health professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin fully intends to comply with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any participant is in need of accommodations, please call (414) 266-6242.
* Indicates a required field.