In this section
Pediatric Grand Rounds Schedule
Health Issues of Newly Arrived Refugees with Special Emphasis on Children's Health
- After attending this educational presentation the participant will be able to list at least three health issues affecting recently resettled refugee children
- James Sanders, MD, MPH, Ascension Columbia St. Mary's
- Bryan Johnston, MD, Resident, Ascension Columbia St. Mary's
The Rebecca Jayne Memorial Lecture: Penicillin Allergy Evaluation: A Powerful Tool for Antimicrobial Stewardship and Infection Prevention
- To identify the impact of reported penicillin allergies on patients and healthcare system
- To describe penicillin allergy evaluation methods aimed at improving care for patients with documented penicillin allergies
- To highlight successful implementation across the care continuum
Speaker: Erica Seiguer Shenoy, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
Who Needs a Gluten Free Diet?
- Learn what are the 3 disorders linked to consumption of gluten-containing foods in human
- Be able to apply an evidence-based diagnostic approach to children suspected of celiac disease
- Understand that the use of a gluten-free diet is unnecessary in more than 95% of the general population.
Speaker: Stefano Guandalini, MD, Professor Emeritus, Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago
Building the ARC-Take 2: Navigating the Waters (Emphasis on neurodevelopmental aspects of ADHD Treatment in Primary Care)
- Develop an appreciation of the complex psychosocial/emotional/developmental aspects of ADHD across the lifespan as a basis for informed evidenced based treatment recommendations and enhanced treatment opportunities in primary care settings.
- Katherine R. Burrows, PhD, Director of the Attention Problems and Related Concerns Clinic, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- Sarah E. Rysdyk, PsyD, Clinical Psychologist, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics-Child Development Center, Medical College of Wisconsin/Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin