In this section
Pediatric Grand Rounds Schedule
January 11, 2019
How to Be a Tooth Hero: Dental Trauma Triage, Treatment and Triumph
Educational Objective: Learn a systematic approach for triaging dental trauma in children and adolescents, including addressing signs of child maltreatment.
Speaker: Colleen Greene, DMD MPH, Pediatric Dentist, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Dental Center
January 18, 2019
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Pediatric Medicine – Recognizing and Responding to Structural Forces in Clinical Practice
- Understand the importance of social concepts and context in Pediatric medicine
- The role of social history taking in our current practice
- Learn to recognize structural vulnerability in eight domains
- Discuss a clinical scenario derived from a study of the Department of Pediatrics
Speaker: Krisjon Olson, PhD, Assistant Professor and Director of Fellowship Research, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care, Medical College of Wisconsin.
January 25, 2019
Unconscious Bias, the Fix-it Approach: Why we Fail with Patients
- Identify unconscious bias and relationships with others.
- Assess pre-existing knowledge structures in our brain to see how and why we categorize individuals.
Speaker: Gisela Chelimsky, MD, Professor, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Medical College of Wisconsin; Physician, Gastroenterology Clinic, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin