In this section
In the news
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin has been designated a "Center of Excellence" in the treatment of bladder and cloacal exstrophy by the Association for the Bladder Exstrophy Community (A-BE-C). A-BE-C's Centers of Excellence program is the first to recognize health systems that are meeting the highest standards of treatment for the rare conditions of bladder and cloacal exstrophy, including post-operative and long-term care.
Our urology team
Our urology specialists are internationally known and listed in prestigious rankings that include Best Doctors in America™. The program is led by John Kryger, MD, who has held leadership roles in health care and a variety of professional organizations, including the American Urologic Association, the Society for Fetal Urology, and the Wisconsin Urologic Society.
Because children often need months or sometimes even years of follow-up care, our urology team works closely with each patient’s referring physician and urologist.
Video: Our urology program
Our urology specialists are highly skilled in caring for the sickest children, including newborn babies who require surgery right after birth. We work in close collaboration with many other nationally recognized specialists at Children's Hospital to give your child the best possible outcomes and patient care experiences.
We provide treatments for a wide range of children’s’ urologic conditions including:
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Program (laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgery)
- Voiding Improvement Program (VIP): specially focused to treat urinary incontinence, bedwetting and recurrent urinary infections
- Sacral Neuromodulation Program: may be an option for children with urinary and /or fecal incontinence who have failed other treatments
- Fetal Concerns Program: nationally recognized in prenatal counseling for fetal abnormalities of the kidneys, bladder and genitalia
- Emergency care of acute conditions, such as testicular torsion, urinary tract trauma and newborn birth defects
- Spina Bifida Clinic
- Differences of Sexual Development Clinic
- Fertility Preservation Program
- Multi-institutional Bladder Exstrophy Program (MIBEC)