In this section
Consultation and liaison services
Consultation and liaison services are services that focus on health psychiatry and psychology. Specifically, these services focus on the psychological or psychiatric, behavioral and psychosocial issues that are associated with chronic or severe medical conditions. Consultation typically involves a number of steps, including psychiatric and behavioral assessments, ongoing treatment and consultations with parents.
Presenting problems may include:
- Physical and mental trauma
- Questions about medication used to treat psychiatric conditions
- Difficulty adhering to treatments for severe or chronic conditions
- Patient and family adjustment to diagnosis or injury
- Disruptive behavior
- Assessment and treatment of psychological disorders
- Anxiety and resistance with medical procedures
- Preparation and follow-up related to transplant procedures
Find a mental health provider
To make an appointment, call the psychiatry and behavioral medicine program.
For new referrals or new patient appointments, please call (414) 266-3339.