In this section
Become an enrolled provider
Join the CPCP
Who we serve
The CPCP exists to increase primary care clinicians’ capacity to support mental and behavioral health needs of children, adolescents, and their families in their care.
- Are you a primary care physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant wanting to learn more about psychiatric diagnosis treatment for your pediatric population?
- Are you a practicing clinic manager of a busy office looking for free mental health and behavioral management support for your clinic PCPs?
If so, you are eligible for CPCP. If you're interested in becoming an enrolled provider in the Wisconsin Child Psychiatry Consultation Program, please fill out the interest inquiry.
Services we provide
- Consultation to primary care providers regarding diagnosis, treatment, and management options for children and adolescents with mental health concerns
- Education and training in mental health conditions
- Ensure a referral support system for pediatric patients to other mental health professionals and community-based resources
Interested in learning more?
If you're interested in learning more or want to become an enrolled provider, please contact your region's Clinical Program Coordinator.
- Sara Herr (414) 266-2916 or SHerr@mcw.edu
“The CPCP has been a wonderful resource for me as a primary care provider. The ability to have direct access to psychiatrists has helped me to treat and give resources to children I normally wouldn't have been able to help. The program helps to reassure me that my treatment decisions are appropriate and it guides me when complex patients walk in the door that I normally would be uncomfortable treating on my own. Without the program, I would have many patients who would not have access to proper mental health treatment. It is truly a great program!”