In this section
Brain tumor family event
The MACC Fund Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin presents:
It's a jungle! A CNS tumor safari on integrative medicine, research, and survivorship
Join us for our 5th annual educational event for patients and families living with – or having a history of – a brain or spinal cord tumor. You need not have been treated at our hospital to attend this event.
Saturday, September 22, 2018
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Milwaukee County Zoo - Peck Center
10001 W Bluemound Rd, Milwaukee, WI
Please note that kid-friendly activities will be scheduled throughout the day.
- 8:30 a.m. - 9 a.m. – Registration and continental breakfast
- 9 a.m. – Welcome
Meghan Belongia, APNP, pediatric advance practice nurse, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- 9:10 a.m. – One Day at a Time: Prayer is the Key
Kimberly Weathers and Alexis Weathers Johnson (Brain Tumor Survivor)
- 9:40 a.m. – New Imaging Modalities in Neuro-Oncology
Mohit Maheshwari, MD, pediatric radiologist, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- 10 a.m. – Break
- 10:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. – Integrative Medicine: Guided Imagery, Reiki, Yoga and Aromatherapy
- 12:15 p.m. – Nutrition Facts and Myths
Sarah Everett, registered dietitian, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- 12:30 p.m. – Wrap up
Need more information or an appointment? We’re happy to help.
For appointments, contact the individual programs within our MACC Fund Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.