Madison Community Services
At our Madison Community Services location, we offer:
- Child and Family Counseling - Our counselors work with children and their families to address problems and strengthen family ties.
- KinderReady - A program for parents in the Madison Metropolitan School District that helps them learn to promote their children's healthy development so they are ready for school. Services in English and Spanish are free.
- Treatment Foster Care - Home-based care for children and adolescents with significant emotional, behavioral, physical or medical challenges.
- Respite Care - Temporary child care that provides foster parents a break from their parenting responsibilities.
- Family Finding - Locates biological family members for children in out-of-home care.
- Special Needs Adoption - Services that connect children who have who have been separated from their biological families, and who may have experienced abuse or neglect, with families who can provide the love, support and stability these children need.
Madison Child and Family Counseling
Individual and family counseling is available for children and adolescents who need help with:
- Physical or sexual abuse, neglect or other trauma
- Depression and anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Problems due to divorce, separation, remarriage or the death of a loved one
- Parent-child conflicts
- Pre- and post-adoption transition
- Anger management issues
- Academic or behavioral problems
- Child and family therapy
- Medication management (only for children seeing a therapist at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin community services)
- Play therapy
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Community Services therapists have extensive experience working with children, parents and families, including those involved in the child welfare system.