Burlington Child and Family Counseling
Our Burlington Child and Family Counseling office provides a range of services, including:
- Individual and family counseling for children, adolescents and parents
- Adoption therapy
- Trauma-informed therapy
Val J. Lura, MS, LPC, is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin- Whitewater Counseling Program. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Wisconsin and Illinois. Val has extensive experience working with children ages 3-18 and their families struggling with issues such as ADHD, anxiety, depression and adjustment difficulties. She also works with children and teens who have been subjected to emotional, sexual and physical abuse.
Mary M. Weber, LCSW, is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and has worked as a therapist for 18 years. She specializes in working with children ages 2-18. She provides outpatient psychotherapy with an emphasis on client-centered therapy, as well as behavior modification and cognitive processes. She works with children presenting with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, adjustment difficulties, attachment issues, sexual abuse and trauma. Mary uses a strong, supportive and respectful approach when working with children and families of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Community Services is committed to providing the highest possible care to the children and families we serve. We regularly ask clients to give us feedback about on how well we are meeting this goal. Here are some comments from Burlington families who recently completed an anonymous survey.
- "My grandson benefits from this program. Please keep it going."
- "I would like to see family counseling offered as a service as well."
- "My son is really benefiting from his counseling sessions with Val Lura! She addresses his needs on a weekly basis. She's in tune with what he needs and has given great ideas to do and to follow through with at home."
- "My girls and I love that Val has their interests at heart. She has genuine concern for my girls and now that they have been counseling with her for a longer period of time they have built trust in her. It's a safe and helpful place for my girls to talk about their fears and joys."
- "All the sessions I have received has been excellent and I have been very satisfied."
- "Thank you for all you do."
- "I found that this therapy help both my son and myself to look at our issue in a different way and see what can be done to work together."
- "Val & Buddy are excellent!! Can't say enough good about them."
- "Val is so helpful and easy to talk to my grandson enjoys going to his sessions."
- "Val is a wonderful therapist. My daughter feels very comfortable with her."
- "Great help for my ADHD child."
- "We love Val! Every week my kids are very excited to see her! I have seen positive changes in my kids since they have started going there."
480 South Pine St.
Burlington, WI 53105
Urgent care: reserve your slot
Skip the wait! See current wait times and reserve your slot online.