In this section
3-2-1-0 Blast Off
3-2-1-0 is a tool to help you live your healthiest life. Here are some resources and fun strategies that will help you complete your challenge.
- 3-2-1-0 Blast Off overview
- 3-2-1-0 Blast Off to a healthier summer tip sheet
- 3-2-1-0 Blast Off Summer Family Tracker sheet
3 - meals per day
Explore fun videos, recipes, interactive mini-lessons and activities to learn more about the basics of nutrition and the importance of healthy eating.
2 - hours or less of screen time
Screen time includes watching TV, using a cell phone or tablet, working on a computer or playing video games. Because screen time is a sedentary activity, it can have a negative impact on overall health.
- Reducing kids' screen time fact sheet
- Screen time log
- Talk with kids about reducing screen time with help from this Conversation Starters video
- Grow healthy minds at home tip sheet
- Access additional tools to develop Healthy Minds found on our Mission: Healthy Kids website.
1 - hour of physical activity
These short activities and engaging mini-lessons are a great way for families to learn about the importance of physical activity each and every day.
0 - sweetened drinks
Sugary drinks like soda, juice, lemonade, chocolate milk and sports drinks can cause weight gain, type 2 diabetes risk and tooth decay. Just one of these drinks often has more sugar than an individual should get in an entire day. Water and white milk are the best choices for everyday drinks.