In this section
Proud to be a Level I Children's Surgery Center
The highest-rated pediatric surgical center in Wisconsin
We are pleased to share that Children's Hospital of Wisconsin has been verified as a Level I Children's Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons. This is the highest level of distinction for hospitals that perform complex surgical procedures in newborns, children and teens.
Why this matters:
- National recognition -- Children's received the highest ranking for pediatric surgical centers by the American College of Surgeons, and is the only pediatric surgical center with a Level I designation in the state of Wisconsin.
- 24/7 medical care --At Children's, pediatric specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Multidisciplinary approach -- Our multidisciplinary surgical team is staffed with pediatric-trained specialists, including surgeons, anesthesiologists, laboratory and pathology, pediatric radiologists and diagnostic imaging excellence, emergency medicine physicians and critical care specialists.
- Top-ranked NICU --Children's has the largest Level IV NICU in the state, which is the highest level of neonatal care available, and is staffed 24/7 with board-certified neonatologists.
- Transport service -- Children's transport service provides transport – by ambulance, helicopter or fixed-wing plane – from referring hospitals to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Each team member is highly trained in neonatal and pediatric intensive care, emergency and transport medicine, flight physiology and trauma.