Children's On Call
Our symptom-checker app
It can be hard to know what to do if your child gets sick or injured. Now Children's Hospital of Wisconsin offers you Children's On Call, a free mobile app that helps you make informed decisions on what kind of care your child might need, and offers tips for making your little one feel better.
Download the app
About the app
- Look up your child's symptoms and get quick advice on how serious it might be and what kind of care you should seek. Images of things like rashes and bug bites help you confirm what might have happened to your child.
- Get tips on things you can do to help your child feel better.
- Can't remember how much of that over-the-counter medication to give your child? Children's On Call has common medication dosage tables to take out the guesswork.
- One of the first questions you'll be asked at the ER or urgent care is what medications your child takes or what kind of allergies he or she has. Track those in Children's On Call so you'll always have them with you.
- Connect to help with one-click calling to your doctor, your pharmacy, 911 or Children's Hospital. Or find the nearest ER or Children's Urgent Care location.
- Get fast, clinically-based advice on toilet training, eating habits and behavioral concerns.
Children's On Call is derived from the clinical protocols used by pediatricians and nurses in 10,000 practices and 400 nurse advice call centers in the U.S. and Canada. They have been tested for 15 years on more than 150 million symptom calls.
The 145 Parent Advice Messages deal with the most common behavior and wellness questions parents ask their physicians. Each topic provides a description of the issue, recommendations to address the concern and additional resources.
Symptom checker features
Easy 3-step navigation:
- Choose the most appropriate symptom care guide
- Use the symptom decision chart to find the recommended action
- Follow the self-care advice to make your child more comfortable
The guide that best matches your child's symptoms can be located quickly by using the alphabetical index, body area index or keyword search.
Each symptom care guide contains:
- Definition to help you decide if it's a good fit for your problem. If not, there are quick links to related guidelines.
- Decision Chart which helps you decide the appropriate level of care for your child based on the symptoms. Once you have a match, simply follow the corresponding action, such as call 911, call your child's doctor now, call your child's doctor within 24 hours, or manage at home.
- Immediate Connections to help, such as your child's doctor, nearby urgent care sites or the ER.
- Home Care Advice offers help for any illnesses and injuries that can be treated at home. The instructions provide clear steps for relieving symptoms.
Disclaimer: The information provided with this Application is not a substitute for professional medical or behavioral advice, diagnosis or treatment; it is for informational purposes only. Talk with your health care provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think your child may have a medical emergency, call the doctor or 911 immediately. Before using Children's On Call, all users should read and agree with the full Disclaimer available in the application.
Support request form