Expressive Therapy Program
The Expressive Therapy Program at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin provides patients and families with opportunities to engage in the creative process.
Expressive Therapy provides:
- A safe and healing environment to promote self-expression, emotional support, and increase understanding of hospitalization
- Opportunities to address concerns about illness, traumatic events, and loss through therapeutic interventions
- Pain and symptom management
- Integration into the hospital’s interdisciplinary team to encourage medical compliance and treatment goals
- A way for patients and families to express feelings without using words
- The encouragement of creative coping strategies and relaxation techniques
- Anxiety and stress reduction
Make a donation to the Expressive Therapies Program or to see our wish list for program supplies.
Expressive Therapy includes the following programs: