Social support for patients
The medical social workers at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin are a team of Master's-prepared professionals, either clinically licensed or certified. Social Work Services is an integral part of the health care team. Social workers help families advocate for their child’s health care by recognizing their strengths, styles and goals. They serve in many capacities and provide a variety of services in the hospital, emergency room and outpatient clinics. There is no charge for social work services to our patients or families.
- Support when adjusting to a new diagnosis or chronic illness
- Help with financial, insurance or community resources
- Support with transitioning to adult health care
- Answers to guardianship questions
- Linking a child's school and health care team
- Coordinating services outside of the hospital with a patient's health care team
How to contact Social Work at Children's Hospital
- Office hours:
- Monday through Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday - 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday - Midnight to 6 p.m.
After business hours, contact the hospital operator at (414) 266-2000 and ask to speak with the social worker on-call. Social Work Services is available, as needed, 24 hours per day.