Pediatric Translational Research Unit
The Pediatric TRU is conveniently located on C2 - just behind the main welcome desk. You can access the P-TRU via the West Lobby main staircase or taking the R elevators to the 2nd floor.
The Pediatric TRU provides nursing care for research subjects and their families. Care, from infancy through adulthood, is individualized to meet a variety of research needs.
- Research Coordination Support - EPIC Credentialed Research Trainer, IRBnet navigation assistance, budget consultation, and FDA regulation assistance
- Nursing support - coordination and study support
- IV starts, Investigation Drug Administration, and Phlebotomy - Ability to draw clinical labs at the time of the research draw.
- 12 Lead ECG support (not reading/interpreting)
- Simple lab spinning, storing, and shipping of specimens.
- TRU Lab: refrigerated and standard centrifuge machines; Baker Hood for maximum safety when processing specimens and sterile alliquoting; NAEC lab pick up site; all staff are IATA/DOT trained.
- Bod Pod and Pea Pod for body composition measurement
- Ambulatory BP Monitoring equipment available for check out
- All RNs are PALS certified nurses
Dr. James Verbsky
Beth Gissibl BSN, RN, CCRN
Jeff Crawford CRC
The Pediatric TRU is open Monday-Thursday from 0730-1630; Fridays 0730-1600; and offer extended hours on Tuesdays until 1800. Additional requests for services outside these times can be discussed with Beth Gissibl Pediatric TRU Manager.
Study Start Up:
Whenever you wish to initiate a study using the TRU or are considering using the TRU, please contact: Beth Gissibl and/or Jeff Crawford to set up a meeting for initial conversations and submit a CTSI Request for Services (log into www.ctsi.mcw.edu and scroll to the bottom of the page and select Request Space & Services).