Arrange a transport
Children's Transport serves Wisconsin, northern Illinois and the upper peninsula of Michigan. The team also travels across the U.S. bringing patients to Children's Hospital.
Call (800) 266-0366 to speak to any specialty care physician upon request. Pediatric specialists are available for online consultation or assistance in the transfer process.
If a referring physician only needs to talk to a pediatric specialist, that can be done while the physician waits on the line. If a decision is made to transport a child, call center staff will mobilize the Transport Team.
Request a transport
To request a transport, referring physicians should:
- Call (800) 266-0366 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Call center staff will obtain pertinent clinical information including patient's history, labs and radiological findings on a recorded line.
- Call center staff will discuss the case with the medical control physician who is a pediatric intensivist or neonatologist and discuss medical management to choose the mode of transport.
- Patient will be transported by ambulance, helicopter or fixed-wing airplane. Mode of transportation is determined by patients' acuity, distance from the hospital and weather. Safety always is our first priority.
- On request, medical control physician will assist referring physician manage the patient's care from the time of referral until the transport team arrives.