Welcome to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Our goal is to provide high quality educational experiences for students in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Embedded in the mission of the Children's is a strong commitment to the education of our future work forces, your students.
The Advanced Practice Nursing and Research Department oversees and coordinates work with all schools of nursing. More than 572 nursing students from 28 schools of nursing located in four states completed educational experiences at Children's Hospital in 2013. There are various types of student placements including undergraduate and graduate experiences.
This is MY Children's Career Days:
All nursing students are welcome to attend; freshman to senior level status
This informational day explains the different roles and responsibilities a Children's nurse has in Acute Care, ER, HOT, OR, NICU, PICU, PARU and Transport.
Virtual tours will be given during the presentation, along with a nursing forum for nursing students to ask candid questions to Children's nurses who work in these departments.
A visit from Children's Human Resources department ends the program with important interview techniques/suggestions and how to apply at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
- July 15, 2014 from 1 to 3 pm, Briggs and Stratton Auditorium
- July 17, 2014 from 1 to 3 pm, Briggs and Stratton Auditorium
Cllick here for directions to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
New clinical educators to Children's
Make sure you complete the following paperwork and return it to the School Liaison APN.
Children's Hospital clinical educator form
- Orientation must be on the designated unit for a for a minimum eight hour precepted shift
- Identified unit based competencies must be completed during orientation
- If additional time is required, arrangements will be made with the School liaison APN and Unit APN or unit manager
- Will meet with School Liaison APN to discuss Clinical educator role
- Ongoing communication with School Liaison APN throughout clinical to discuss the semester
New Preceptorship Form
The Schools of Nursing have developed a NEW form for precepted nursing students, preceptors and course faculty. This form highlights the responsibilities and expectations for each role. Please review prior to starting your preceptorship.
Children's Hospital preceptorship responsibilities and expectations form
Children's Hospital Site survey
We are going green! We would like all schools of nursing to complete an online survey evaluating how we are doing. Please have all nursing students complete this before they finish their clinicals at Children's.