Pain and Headache Center
PAIN AND HEADACHE CENTER
| Steven Weisman, MD
Specialists in the Pain and Headache Center at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin diagnose and manage headaches and help patients live their lives uninterrupted by pain. Our pain and headache providers work in collaboration with other specialty providers to create treatment plans that fit each child’s specific needs.
We use a family-centered care model of treatment to understand each child’s condition and potential pain triggers. Treatment encompasses prescribing appropriate medications as well as a number of nonpharmacological treatments that are known to be effective.
- Relaxation therapies
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Massage therapy
- Nerve blocks
- Botulinum toxin treatment
Treatment plans are shared with the patient’s primary care physician following each visit. Patients will continue to be seen until headaches are well controlled. Complex patients often require ongoing care with regular follow-ups.
- Steven J. Weisman, MD, medical director of Pain Management
- Kimberly J. Anderson Khan, PSYD, psychologist
- Jennifer A. Hickman, MD, anesthesiologist
- Nadir Khan, MD, neurologist
- Renee J. Ladwig, MSN, APNP, LMFT, licensed therapist
- Lynn M. Rusy, MD, anesthesiologist
- Jaya L. Varadarajan, MD, anesthesiologist
Appointments can be made by calling the Headache Center nurse line at (414) 266-1980.