Rapid response oncology care
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin offers a rapid response complex oncology care team for children with complex tumors.
We know the importance of quickly and sometimes aggressively treating cancer, so we don’t waste any time. Within 24 hours of patients coming to the hospital with certain types of suspected or diagnosed cancer, our team will meet to develop a treatment plan.
The diseases our team works with include:
- Stage 3 and 4 Neuroblastoma
- Hepatic tumors
- Large retroperitoneal tumors
This list is not exclusive or comprehensive. We will work with any child who has a tumor that may benefit from rapid multidisciplinary care and review.
Our team includes:
- An on-call surgeon involved in the case
- Advisory surgery attending physicians
- An on-call oncologist involved in the case
- Advisory oncology attending physicians
The team will convene in the imaging department with the on-call radiologist to review your child’s images and to make decisions about how to best manage your child’s care.
Why choose Children’s?
- We focus on the family: We provide family-centered care because we know that a child's health affects the whole family. We create a partnership with families, talking openly and often about their child's care and their personal beliefs. Our goal is to support families by building on their strengths.
- We’re dedicated to children: Our team dedicates every day to caring for children. Because of their special training and extensive experience, pediatric surgeons at Children's are uniquely qualified to treat children of all ages and sizes.