Surgical charges by diagnosis
Why we measure it - It is important to us, our patients and families that we provide the best care possible at a competitive price.
What this means - We are able to provide the highest quality of care as demonstrated by our survival rates while keeping our charges comparable to our Pediatric Hospital Information System peers.
About the data - This graph reflects the average adjusted charges per visit for selected procedures at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin compared to PHIS peers. PHIS data represent other leading free-standing pediatric hospitals.
Related dimensions of care:
- We continue to evaluate our charges for our operations to remain competitive with other children's hospitals.
- We perform many outpatient procedures at our Surgicenter location near the Milwaukee hospital. Here, patients may be scheduled sooner and enjoy the convenience of a smaller facility, while being cared for by the same pediatric surgeons and anesthesiologists they would see at the hospital.
- We provide medically necessary health care to patients in our service area without regard for their ability to pay.
- We accept Medicare and Wisconsin Medicaid. Out-of-state Medicaid programs may be accepted on a case-by-case basis. We also accept Tricare and HIRSP.
- If patients are unable to pay their portion of the bill, our financial counselors can help devise a payment plan. Some patients may be eligible for charity care or a self-pay discount.