Anesthesiology US referrals
Why we measure it - Research shows that physicians and hospitals that treat a large number of patients tend to provide better care and have improved outcomes for treatments and procedures.
What this means - Many patients and families throughout the United States and around the globe come to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin for surgeries or procedures that require anesthesia.
About the data - The blue states highlighted on the map and the list of countries shown indicate where our anesthesia patients traveled from in 2013.
Related dimensions of care:
- Our anesthesiologists are board certified in anesthesiology and have completed at least one additional year of pediatric anesthesiology training.
- We are recognized nationally for developing new monitoring techniques for patients before, during and after surgery.
- We continue to set standards around the world for noninvasive hemodynamic monitoring, which ensures the body is receiving enough oxygen and nutrients through the blood.
- We use the latest equipment and therapies and have access to a variety of subspecialty teams such as pain management, critical care, orthopedics, neurosurgical, cardiac and complex airway management.
- Our Family Advisory Committee is made up of parents, partner providers and hospital staff who work together to improve our communication methods, quality of care and hospital services. We encourage an open dialogue and value feedback and opinions which are used to make impactful changes that benefit our patients.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center
, certified by the American College of Surgeons. This certification means we are able to provide the best possible care to the most critically injured children. It also recognizes that we are involved in injury prevention, research and education.
Families traveling from long distances are encouraged to use our Access Center to make travel arrangements and schedule appointments. Local hotel chains on our referral list offer lodging discounts for families staying with us.