- Monday, April 18, 2016
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration and breakfast
- 8:15 a.m. – 4 p.m. Conference
- Children’s Corporate Center,999 N. 92nd St., Milwaukee, WI 53226
This conference will help to improve the knowledge and skills of health care professionals caring for children with sleep disorders. These professionals include physicians, sleep technicians, EEG technicians, respiratory care practitioners, nurses and students of these disciplines.
- Review the relationship between asthma and sleep
- Discuss the impact of pediatric home sleep testing in the modern sleep lab
- Learn how shift work affects your health
- Acquire practical skills for managing patient anxiety in the sleep lab
Continuing education information
Application has been made to the American Association of Sleep Technologists and American Association for Respiratory Care for continuing education contact hours.
Children's Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Participants who successfully complete this activity will receive 6.0 nursing contact hours.
Children's Hospital fully intends to comply with the legal requirements of American with Disabilities Act. If any participant needs accommodation, please call (414) 266-2434.
- 7:30 a.m. -- Registration and breakfast
- 8:15 a.m. -- Welcome
- 8:30 a.m. -- Non Invasive Ventilation and Pediatric Adherence - Louella Amos
- 9:30 a.m. -- Break
- 9:45 a.m. -- Anxiety and Behavioral Issues in the Sleep Lab - Julie Johannes and Gretchen Running, Child Life specialists
- 10:45 a.m. -- Panel Discussion – TBA
- 11:45 a.m. -- Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. -- Pediatric Home Sleep Testing – Hari Bandla
- 1:45 p.m. --Timing is everything: Shiftworks' impact on health and safety - Rose Franco
- 2:45 p.m. -- Break
- 3 p.m. -- Asthma and Sleep - Dr. Juan Ruiz
- 4 p.m. -- Adjourn
The exhibit area will be open during breakfast, breaks and lunch. Thank you to our exhibitors:
- Aurora at Home
- Home Care Medical
- Philips Respironics
Fees include conference materials, meals and continuing education credits.
|Through March 18
|After March 18
Registration includes conference materials, lunch and continuing education credits. Registrations will be accepted until Monday, April 18th, 2016. Cancellations must be sent to Karen Schaefer and be received by Friday, April 11, 2016. A $25 cancellation fee applies. There will be no refunds issued after Friday, April 11, 2016.
For more information
For questions and additional information, contact Korina Flint or call (414) 266-2790.
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee–West
10499 Innovation Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53226
A block of rooms has been reserved at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee–West. Hotel reservations can be made by calling (877) 227-6963. Please request the Children's Hospital Sleep Center Conference block to receive the reduced rate of $109 per night + tax. Complimentary on-site parking is available.
Parking for event
Parking will be available in the parking structure just to the west of the Corporate Center. Please note that free parking is only available in the Corporate Center parking structure. Conference staff will not be able to reimburse for parking fees in other lots.
- Korina Flint, RRT, non-invasive specialist and respiratory care practitioner, Children's Hospital
- Megan Grekowicz, APNP, nurse practitioner, Children's Hospital
- Linda Kenney, Sleep Center secretary, Children's Hospital
- Terry Malloy, RST, RPSGT, polysomnography technologist, Children's Hospital
- Anthony Martinez, RRT-BSRT, polysomnography technician and respiratory care practitioner, Children's Hospital
- Nan Norins, MD,educational director, Pediatric Sleep Medicine, Children's Hospital, assistant professor, Pediatrics (Pulmonary), the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Lori Riggs, CRT, RST, RPSGT, polysomnography technologist and respiratory care practitioner, Children's Hospital
- Sue Samphere, CRT, RST, RPSGT, polysomnography technologist and respiratory care practitioner, Children's Hospital