Friday, Sept. 19, 2014
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Crowne Plaza, Milwaukee West
10499 Innovation Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53226
This conference will help to improve the knowledge and skills of health care professionals caring for children with sleep disorders. These professionals include physicians, sleep technicians, EEG technicians, respiratory care practitioners, nurses and students of these disciplines.
- 7:30 a.m. -- Registration and breakfast
- 8:15 a.m. -- Welcome
- 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. – Surgical Interventions in the Treatment of OSA, Cecille Sulman, MD
- 9:30 -- Break
- 9:45 – 10:45 a.m. – Sleep Issues in Prader Willi and Achondroplasia, Julie Baughn, MD, Mayo Health System
- 10:45 – 11:45 a.m. – Seizure and Sleep, Priya Monrad, MD
- 11:45 a.m. -- Lunch
- 12:45 - 1:45 p.m. – Health Literacy, Laurie Smrz, RN
- 1:45 - 2:45 p.m. – Restless Legs Syndrome, Louella Amos, MD
- 2:45 -- Break
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Workshop: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Management of the Obese Patient with Sleep Apnea, Megan Grekowicz, MSN, FNP-BC, APNP; Kristina Keppel, DNP, CPNP-PC, APNP; Denise Kilway, DNP, CPNP-PC, APNP and Katy Tillman, MSN, CPNP-PC, APNP
- 4:00 -- Adjourn
Continuing education information
Application has been made to the American Association of Sleep Technologists and American Association for Respiratory Care for continuing education contact hours.
Children's Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Participants who successfully complete this activity will receive 6.0 nursing contact hours.
Children's Hospital fully intends to comply with the legal requirements of American with Disabilities Act. If any participant needs accommodation, please call (414) 266-2434.
Fees include conference materials, meals and continuing education credits.
|Through Aug. 19
|After Aug. 19
A $40 Maintenance of Certificate fee will assessed for physician CME’s.
Registration includes conference materials, lunch and continuing education credits. Registrations will be accepted until Monday, Sept 15, 2014.
Cancellations must be sent to Mary Lisowski and be received by Monday, Sept 5, 2014. A $25 cancellation fee applies. There will be no refunds issued after Sept. 5.
For questions and additional information, contact Korina Flint or call (414) 266-2790.
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee–West
10499 Innovation Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53226
A block of rooms has been reserved at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee–West. Hotel reservations can be made by calling (877) 227-6963. Please request the Children's Hospital Sleep Center Conference block to receive the reduced rate of $99 per night + tax.
Complimentary on-site parking is available.
- Korina Flint, RRT, non-invasive specialist and respiratory care practitioner, Children's Hospital
- Megan Grekowicz, APNP, nurse practitioner, Children's Hospital
- Linda Kenney,Sleep Center secretary, Children's Hospital
- Nan Norins, MD,educational director, Pediatric Sleep Medicine, Children's Hospital, assistant professor, Pediatrics (Pulmonary), the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Sue Samphere, CRT, RPSGT, polysomnoghraphy technologist and respiratory care practitioner, Children's Hospital
- Cheryl Sorenson, RPSGT, polysomnography technologist, Children's Hospital
The following companies will be exhibiting at the conference:
- AG Industries
- Aurora Visiting Nurse Association
- Compumedics USA
- Philips Respironics
- Zopec Medical
ACCME accreditation statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA credit designation statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of participation for allied health professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 6.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Children’s Hospital and Health System is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Participants who successfully complete this activity will receive 6 nursing contact hours.
Children’s Hospital fully intends to comply with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any participant is in need of accommodation, please call 414-266-4924.
In accordance with the ACCME policy on speaker/planner disclosure, all were asked to disclose any relevant financial relationships and no one had any to disclose.