Why we measure it - Research shows that physicians and hospitals that treat a large number of patients tend to provide better care and have improved outcomes for treatments and procedures.
What this means - Children and their families travel from all over Wisconsin and the United States to the Pulmonary Clinic and Sleep Center at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin as our reputation has grown nationally.
About the data - The map shows the states our patients came from in 2012.
Related dimensions of care:
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin was ranked #8 in the nation by Parents magazine in its 2013 Best Children's Hospitals survey. Our Pulmonary Clinic and Sleep Center was also named among the nation's best in U.S. News & World Report's 2013-14 Best Children's Hospital report.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Center at the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin was one of the 2010 recipients of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Quality Care Award: Recognizing Outstanding Quality Improvement Processes and Accomplishments.
- All of our physicians are board-certified or board-eligible in pediatric pulmonary and/or sleep medicine. Some of our physicians are recognized by Best Doctors in America.
- The Sleep Center at Children's Hospital is the only sleep center in Wisconsin dedicated solely to the care of children and is one of only 25 centers accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Program at Children's Hospital is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation as a Center of Care, Teaching and Research.
- Our physician researchers in the Division of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin received funding to conduct research to better understand why some children have more severe breathing problems compared to other children. This allows us to develop better treatments and keeps us on task with the latest therapies.
Families traveling from long distances are encouraged to use our Family Accommodations Program to make travel arrangements and schedule appointments. Children's Hospital has partnered with non-profit organizations like Ronald McDonald House to offer comfortable, "home away from home" accommodations. Local hotel chains on our referral list also offer discounts for families.