Neurosciences clinical trials
Our Neurosciences research teams not only collaborate with local organizations such as Children's Research Institute and The Medical College of Wisconsin, but they also work with children's hospitals across the country to enhance the care for pediatric neurological disorders. Neurosurgical research is conducted in collaboration with the Neurosciences Research Laboratory, a division of Neurosurgery at The Medical College of Wisconsin. The lab occupies more than 25,000 square feet of space and employs eight doctorate-level researchers and 20 support staff for federally and privately funded research.
The Institutional Review Board at Children's Hospital carefully reviews all studies to ensure our patients' safety.
We are currently recruiting participants for two clinical trials:
Recent clinical trials have included:
- Collecting and storing blood and brain tumor tissue samples from children with brain tumors
- Effect of early rest on recovery from pediatric concussion
- Coping skills training for children with chronic health conditions such as epilepsy
- Evaluation of treatment options for childhood absence epilepsy
- Comparison of radiation therapy regimens in combination with chemotherapy in treating young patients with newly diagnosed standard-risk medulloblastoma
Want to get involved? Find a list of all the current studies at Children's Research Institute or learn more about research at Children's Hospital: