Average daily census
Average daily NICU census (all infants)
Why we measure it - Research shows that physicians and hospitals that treat a large number of patients tend to provide better care and have improved outcomes for treatments and procedures.
What this means - Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has had slightly decreased volumes since 2009.
About the data - The data reflects the average number of babies cared for on a daily basis in the NICU from 2009 to 2012.
Related dimensions of care:
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee has the only Level 3C Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the state. This is the the highest level acknowledged by the American Academy of Pediatrics which is capable of caring for any newborn regardless of diagnosis. Children's Hospital in Neenah, Wis., has the top-level NICU in the Fox Valley.
- Be an advocate for your child. Participate in daily bedside clinical discussions, and provide any information about your child that may be helpful to staff.
- Follow medical instructions fully and carefully.
- Ask questions if you don't understand the plan of care or if you are not sure how to care for your child.
- Attend any and all follow-up appointments.