Through our determination, research, and expertise, we offer children like yours some of the best results worldwide for treating even the most complex heart problems. Part of that success comes from working with parents as full partners in caring for their children. We involve parents in decisions about diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care. We keep you thoroughly informed and connected with our specialists to answer questions and provide support.
Research shows that better patient care and better outcomes are possible at hospitals that treat a large number of patients. Herma Heart Center specialists at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee are leaders in treating the most common to the most complex heart conditions.
- We perform nearly 15,000 diagnostic heart tests each year.
- We are among the highest volume pediatric heart transplant programs in the country and the only one in Wisconsin.
- We consistently rank among the busiest pediatric heart surgery centers in the country.
- Our survival rates for pediatric heart surgery some of the best in the country. Among our peers, we’re a highly-ranked leader when comparing outcomes with nationally recognized benchmarking databases including the Pediatric Health Information System and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- We’re the most experienced and comprehensive program in Wisconsin, caring for significantly more children with heart disease than any other hospital in Wisconsin.