Gastroenterology US referrals
Why we measure it - Research shows that physicians and hospitals that treat a large number of patients tend to provide a higher level of care and have better outcomes for treatments and procedures.
What this means - In addition to providing general pediatric gastroenterology care, the Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Center has many sub-specialty programs and is one of the largest pediatric gastroenterology programs in the country. A majority of patients come from outside the metro-Milwaukee area.
About the data - The map shows the states and other countries our patients came from in 2013.
Related dimensions of care:
- Our physicians hold major leadership roles in national organizations; highlighted by B. Li, MD, who serves as president of North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
- Our Gastroenterology Center was selected as the 16th best pediatric gastroenterology programs in the nation by U.S.News & World Report in 2011.
- Many of the center's gastroenterologists are listed in the Best Doctors in America® database. The list represents the top 5 percent of the nation's practicing board-certified physicians.
- The Gastroenterology Center is interdisciplinary and made up of many pediatric professionals, including gastroenterologists, nurse clinicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, speech and language pathologists, psychologists, physical therapists, a family practice physician and research professionals.
- Currently there are about 52 open research studies across the GI Center, including industry-sponsored clinical trials, which provide treatment opportunities for patients.
- The Gastroenterology Center trains future pediatric gastroenterologists and child psychologists through its accredited fellowship programs.
Motility and Functional Bowel Disorders Program
Wal-Mart/Sam's Club Feeding, Swallowing and Nutrition Center
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Program
NEW (Nutrition, Exercise and Weight Management) KidsTM Program
CARE (Constipation and Reflux Evaluation) Program
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Program
Bonnie Lynn Mechanic Celiac Disease Clinic
Liver Disease and Liver Transplant Programs
Eosinophilic Esophagitis Clinic
Nutrition Support Program
Hirshprungs and Imperforated Anus Clinic
Families traveling from long distances are encouraged to use our Access Center to make travel arrangements and schedule appointments. Local hotel chains on our referral list offer lodging discounts for families staying with us.