Get a second opinion
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin can provide the expert opinion to verify or supplement the original diagnosis. We may be able to offer a different perspective and can help those seeking more information. We have experience with a wide variety of typical and unusual gastroenterology or hepatology cases.
Obtaining a Second Opinion
There are two ways to get started:
- Fill out our Request a Second Opinion form to provide some basic information, and a member of our team will contact you to get the process started.
- Call us at (414) 607-5280 (toll free at (877) 607-5290) and we'll get the necessary information to make an appointment with the most appropriate specialist.
Still have questions about getting a second opinion?
Why should I get a second opinion?
The urge to start treatment right away is common. A second opinion can make sure the treatment plan is appropriate and that you aren't missing other options. The more information you have, the better the choices you will make to help your child. Even if treatment has already started, a second opinion can help guide any change in your child's care.
Is a second opinion covered by insurance?
Most insurance plans cover second opinions, but it's always a good idea to check your coverage to be sure. If you need help with that, just call us at (414) 607-5280 (toll free at (877) 607-5290).
What information do I need to set up a second opinion appointment?
You will be asked to provide the medical history and background on your child, including:
- The child's age, address, family information and insurance coverage
- The name and contact information for your child's current physician
- Medical history and past physical examination results
- Medication list
- Results of any related tests
- Any procedure or operative reports
Call or fill out the online form today and get the process started.