Patient and family experience
Why we measure it - It's important that we understand how we are doing, so we ask our patients and families to tell us about their care experiences. Our goal is for everyone to have the best clinic experience possible. We ask patients and families to rate our clinic on a scale from 0 to 10 where 0 is the worst clinic and 10 is the best clinic. We only use the responses 9 and 10 to track our progress. We know that patients and families who rate our clinic at a 9 or 10 will most likely refer others to us.
What this means - This graph shows the percent of patients and families who had a visit to our birthmarks and vascular anomalies clinic and gave a 9 or 10 rating in response to the survey question, "Using a number from 0 to 10, where 0 is the worst clinic possible and 10 is the best clinic possible, what number would you use to rate this clinic during your child's stay?"
About the data - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee uses a third-party vendor to survey our patient and family satisfaction levels. We then use the feedback from these surveys to make improvements within our clinics to further enhance our patient's and families' overall clinic experience.
Related dimensions of care:
- The Birthmarks and Vascular Anomalies team consists of pediatric specialists in Dermatology, Oncology, Radiology, Pathology, Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery and Ophthalmology. All are board-certified in their specialty.
- Our nurses help families navigate the hospital system by coordinating appointments, setting up tests and procedures and assisting families with family accommodations.
- Patients see all the necessary specialists at one visit, and health care team members meet to discuss all treatment options and provide a unified opinion and treatment plan.
- We perform many outpatient procedures at our Surgicenter location near the Milwaukee hospital, approximately 10 minutes from Children's Hospital. Here, patients may be scheduled sooner and enjoy the convenience of a smaller facility, while being cared for by the same pediatric dermatologists and pediatric anesthesiologists they would see at the hospital.
- We redesigned and expanded our Dermatology Clinic to improve the workflow and our patients' overall experience.
- We improved our scheduling system to ensure all of our patients are seen by the right specialist.
- We offer many specialty clinics. Children may be seen in the general Dermatology Clinic, Birthmarks and Vascular Anomalies Center, Hemangioma of Infancy Clinic, Atopic Dermatitis Clinic, Dermatology-Oncology Clinic, Surgery Clinic or Laser Clinic.
Families traveling from long distances are encouraged to use our Access Center to make travel arrangements and schedule appointments. Local hotel chains on our referral list offer lodging discounts for families staying with us.