Volunteer process and application
We appreciate your interest in becoming a volunteer at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Please download and complete the volunteer application form below.
The volunteer application process
The process to become a volunteer is thorough. It can take six-to-eight weeks to complete once a volunteer is accepted. Please review all of the information and requirements for our volunteer program before applying.
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin volunteers are committed individuals age 16 and older.
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is not able to guarantee service hours.
- Volunteers generally are scheduled the same day and time each week for a minimum of two hours and for a minimum assignment of six consecutive months.
- We are fortunate to receive many volunteer applications. Our opportunities are based on service needs, so we match applicants’ availability, experience and skills to our current needs. If an opportunity is available, we will contact you regarding next steps.
- Because of the overwhelming response of our community, we may not be able to place you as a volunteer. We will keep your application on file for 60 days.
- The number of visitors at the hospital increases during evening and weekend hours. Therefore, the demand for evening and weekend volunteers is not as great as weekday shifts. Our greatest need for volunteers is before 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- All of our volunteer assignments are in areas that have requested volunteer support and do not become full-time employed positions. The point of becoming a volunteer is to support patients, families and staff.
Volunteer requirements have been put in place to protect the health, safety and confidentiality of our patients, families and staff.
- All applicants must be age 16 or older to apply. We cannot take applications before a person’s 16th birthday.
- A signed and completed Background Information Disclosure form is required for all applicants age 18 and older.
- All application pages and statements must be completed and signed.
- The Reference Form attached to the application must be completed and signed by an employer, co-worker, teacher or coach. References from friends and relatives are not acceptable.
- The Volunteer Health Assessment form must be completed and official immunization records outlined on the form must be returned with the application.
- Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to process, consider or retain incomplete applications.
- We ask that all communication with Volunteer Services staff (phone calls, emails, etc.) come directly from the applicant. We do not accept third-party inquiries.
If you are able to fulfill our commitment requirements, we welcome your application. Regular volunteer applications can be downloaded and printed using the links below. The first page of the application packet contains a checklist for your convenience, as well as instructions for submitting your completed application.