Volunteer process and application
We appreciate your interest in becoming a volunteer at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Regular volunteer applications can be downloaded and printed using the links below. The first page of the application packet contains a checklist for your convenience, as well as instructions for submitting your completed application.
Year round applications
Volunteer Orientations for year round volunteers are held monthly in January, February, March, April, May, August, September, October, and November. Invitations are sent to volunteer candidates for whom we can find an opportunity match.
If we are not able to make a match for you now, we will keep your application in our records until the next orientation and re-evaluate your availability at that time. If your schedule does not match an available volunteer placement after 90 days, your application will be shredded to protect your personal information.
Summer 2015 Volunteer Program
Space is limited. Applications will be accepted on a lottery system after April 1, 2015. All applications must be received in our office by May 1, 2015. Invitations to the summer orientation will be e-mailed to qualified applicants by May 15, 2015.
Summer applications can be downloaded and printed using the links below. The first page of the application packet contains a checklist for your convenience, as well as instructions for submitting your completed application.
Year round volunteer application process
The process to become a volunteer is thorough. It can take six-to-eight weeks to complete once a volunteer is accepted. Please review all of the information and requirements for our volunteer program before applying:
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin volunteers are committed individuals age 16 and older
- Volunteer assignments are for two hours weekly, for a minimum time period of six months
- Volunteers commit to the same day, time and unit area for their volunteer experience
- Prior to beginning the volunteer experience, volunteers attend a volunteer orientation, interview and unit orientation
- Volunteers are required to complete annual safety training and also receive annual flu shot vaccinations
- Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to process, consider, or retain incomplete applications
- A signed and completed Background Information Disclosure form is required for all applicants age 18 and older
- The Reference Form must be completed and signed by an employer, co-worker, teacher or coach. References from friends and relatives are not acceptable.
- The Volunteer Health Assessment form must be completed and official immunization records must be returned with the application
- The number of visitors at the hospital increases during evening and weekend hours. Therefore, our greatest need for volunteers is from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
- We kindly ask that all communication (phone calls, emails, etc.) with Volunteer Services staff is through the applicant. We do not accept third-party inquiries.