Quality and Outcomes Reports - Urology
What this means - Many patients and families from outside Wisconsin are choosing our care. This reflects families from outside our region who are seeking our expertise, as the reputation of the Urology Clinic, the surgeons and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin has grown nationally.
About the data - The map shows the states and other countries that urology patients came from in 2012.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- We have a highly specialized Children's Transport Team available 24 hours a day to care for and transport seriously sick and injured infants and children to our center. More than 1,500 transports are done each year.
- We offer the Family Accommodations Program to help coordinate travel plans and appointments for families traveling to our center from a long distance.
Patients and families:
- If you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, please call Central Scheduling at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280 as soon as possible to reschedule so another child can be seen.
- Come 15 minutes before your appointment so we can ask about health information before you see the doctor.
- Check with your insurance provider before your visit to see if a referral may be needed to see a specialist at Children's Hospital.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this information, email us or call (414) 266-6556.