Quality and Outcomes Reports - Herma Heart Center
Charges by procedure
Why we measure it - It is important to us and our patients and families that we provide the best care possible at a competitive price.
What this means - We are able to provide the highest quality of care while keeping our charges lower than our PHIS peers. This saves our patients and families money and keeps us competitive.
About the data - This data reflects the average adjusted charge per visit for selected procedures at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin compared to Pediatric Hospital Information System peers. PHIS hospitals represent other leading free-standing pediatric hospitals.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- We provide medically necessary health care to patients in our service area without regard for their ability to pay.
- If patients are unable to pay their portion of the bill, our financial counselors can help with a payment plan, or see if they are eligible for charity care or a self-pay discount.
Patients and families:
- Bring your insurance card with you to your appointment so we can accurately file your claim for you.
- If your insurance plan requires a referral, make sure your primary care physician gives proper authorization for your visit to Children's Hospital.
- Understand that Children's Hospital clinics are not typical doctor's offices and your insurance might apply hospital outpatient charges to your deductible or insurance co-payment.
- Be prepared to pay your co-payment at the time of your visit.
- If your child was seen in the hospital or clinic, you might receive more than one bill. Children's Hospital bills for clinic staff, supplies, medical records, etc. The Medical College of Wisconsin bills for the physicians' services. You also may receive bills from other providers.
- If you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, please call Central Scheduling, at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280 as soon as possible to reschedule so another child can be seen.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so we can gather needed information from you before you see the doctor.
- Fill out and fax a referral form prior to sending the patient to Children's Hospital for outpatient ancillary services or a specialty clinic visit.
- Forward any pertinent patient documentation, including test results, to the specialty physician's office prior to the patient's visit.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this information, email us or call (414) 266-6556.